Important Decisions for Kitchen Remodeling
June 25, 2014 by Tricia L
Kitchen remodeling involves more than simply choosing tiles and faucets. Today’s kitchen makeovers address accessibility, sustainability and versatility – in other words, they’re designed with your health (and the Earth’s) in mind. When it’s time to start your kitchen remodeling project, you’ll have more than just colors to choose from.
The Ergonomic Kitchens
There are some amazing remodeling ideas out there to make your time in the kitchen more efficient – and easier on your knees. Think about it: how often do you find yourself reaching for a bowl on a shelf that’s a bit too high, or bending to peer into cabinets filled with Tupperware and spices? Many kitchen remodeling professionals are now creating:
- Cabinet doors that fold up, to help you avoid hitting your head or ducking around the doors
- Raised countertops that make mixing and cutting easier
- Dish drawers that allow you to see what you need easily, as opposed to pawing through cabinets
- Floors with some give, to help you avoid knee and hip strain
Ergonomic kitchen makeovers can help keep you moving freely, which saves you time while preparing meals or snacks. But they’re also designed to help your body move naturally, which could save you money on doctor bills or OTC pain relievers.
The Environmentally Friendly Kitchens
You might be asking what environmentally friendly kitchens are – and you may already be planning one without knowing it. If your kitchen remodeling plans involve:
- Energy efficient appliances
- New windows with new seals
- Recycled or composite materials for your floor or countertops
- Low voltage light bulbs
Truth is, you might already have an eco-friendly kitchen in the works. Kitchen makeovers that use locally sourced material, or allow for composting food remains, are also good for the environment. You may even want to consider reusing gray water (such as dishwater) to water plants or the lawn. Kitchen remodeling done for sustainability as well as aesthetics is the best kind of remodeling there is.
Why Center Island Contracting Is Your Ideal Choice for Kitchen Makeovers
With so many remodeling ideas out there, you want a company that you can trust to handle big projects. Center Island Contracting does more than create and execute beautiful kitchen makeovers: we provide peace of mind during the process. You can always count on:
- The highest levels of professionalism. Our clients are treated with respect from the moment we enter your home. We are fully licensed and certified, so you can trust our builders.
- The top grade materials and suppliers. We use only the finest building and kitchen remodeling materials from names and brands you can trust. We’ve spent years cultivating our relationships with our suppliers to ensure you get excellent products at the right price.
- The right way to do things. Our kitchen remodeling ideas are based on our years of experience; we know what we’re doing every step of the way. We save our customers time and money by building homes and renovations the right way the first time, every time.
Looking for some amazing kitchen remodeling ideas that can turn any home into a paradise? Center Island Contracting can help! Please call 631-465-9765 or fill out our contact form to discuss your kitchen remodeling and renovation needs with a team you can trust.