Energy Saving Tips
January 7, 2015 by admin
Energy Saving Tips
Everyone wants to save a little extra money, especially this time of year, and the best way to do that is to go green with our energy-saving tips! Whether you want to lower your electric bill, or you simply want to take a proactive role in reducing your carbon footprint, our energy-saving tips allow you to do both. Energy efficiency is easy to implement in your household once you create the foundation for being more environmentally conscious. Here are five energy saving tips that will transform your home into an energy efficient home in no time.
- Insulation – Keep your home well-insulated. This will help you save on heat in the winter and cooling costs in the summer. Keep in mind that attic insulation may deteriorate over time, and you will need to add more. Fortunately, adding insulation to the inside of walls or an attic is a relatively easy job with a little help from a general contractor.
- Weather Stripping – Weather stripping is a low-cost fix to energy efficiency issues in your home. When using weather stripping on windows and doors, you will spare yourself the expense of hundreds of dollars each year in heating and cooling your home.
- Energy Efficient Appliances – Today’s appliances offer huge rewards for choosing to go green. Choose from a variety of stoves, dishwashers, laundry machines and refrigerators that all offer cash rebate opportunities through government energy efficiency programs. As if that wasn’t enough of an incentive to lean towards energy efficiency, these energy saving appliances also help you save on your electric bill each month.
- Lighten Up – An electrician can help you quickly identify where your home is lacking in energy efficiency, and help you make the necessary adjustments. Most causes of poor energy efficiency are minor, and an electrician can easily fix them. Some of the more common energy improvements include upgrading to energy efficient light fixtures and circuit panels. Have an electrician do a quick assessment to save you large costs over the years.
- Only Use What You Need – This principle is the epitome of energy efficiency. Tankless water heaters or point-of-use water heaters operate under the principle of only heating water as you use it. Tankless water heaters may be a little costly to purchase, but the government rebate offers and annual savings in your electric bill makes it well worth the upgrade.
We appreciate how valuable of an investment your home truly is for you. This is why Center Island Contracting provides only the highest level of artisanship in every home improvement project we provide. The amount of savings you can gain by making your home more energy efficient will quickly accumulate into huge financial savings. To find out how we can make your home more energy efficient, call us today at 631-465-9765.